At 5:43 PM -0400 4/28/04, Dan Sugalski wrote:
Since we really ought to have it, as I don't think we want to bother messing around with what we have already in the PMCs, and it's useful in those cases where folks want to write a single override version and install it as a default...

Oh, right, compatibility. (Only in the subject--I think I need more, or possibly less, coffee) The PMC processor should, when we're all done, take all the vtable methods that are becoming MMD methods and register them with a right-hand-side type of 0. So if we had a PerlString PMC, which was type 18, say, the register call would be:

    mmd_register(interpreter, 18, 0, *(funcpointer));

This doesn't quite get us the left-side-always-wins semantic we had, but it's close enough since none of the languages we're dealing with will care.
--
Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk