Andy,

I agree, it an intimidating idea to think that you have to take on responsibility for a whole module. I enjoyed working on the DBI tests, and when I next have some spare time between projects, I plan on helping again, either with DBI or some other module. You should really encourage that type of participation as I think it is the most realistic.

Also maybe you could talk about discussing participation with you boss/manager. I know my boss immediately saw the value in me spending some time improving DBI's test suite and had no problem letting me do it on company time (in between projects of course, paying work always comes first). I think many bosses/managers will see the logic in helping improve the tools they themselves use, it only serves to make them better, and who wouldn't want that?

You may also want to discuss the test guidelines that you and I wrote, although being a lightning talk, you may not have enough time to go there. But I do think its important to the effort to have some kind of expectations towards the final product.

Thats all I got for now, wish I could come up to Buffalo myself, but just too busy now.

Steve