Once we decide how to *get* these things (see the previous e-mail) we need to decide how they should work. We can fiddle around, but honestly the scheme:

1) They act as arrays--if you want the 18th element in the iterator, access it directly
2) They have 'next', 'previous', 'first', 'last', and 'reset' methods to get the next, previous, first, or last element in the iterator, or to reset the iterator to the beginning. Next, last, and reset change the internal current element pointer, first and last don't.

Sane? The only downside I can see is one of speed, since method calls are a bit costly.
--
Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk