At 1:21 PM -0600 6/14/04, Luke Palmer wrote:
Dan Sugalski writes:
 The slice vtable entry should take as its parameter a slice pmc. This
 should be an array of typed from/to values, so we can do something
 like:

     @foo[0..2,4..8,12..];

 with three entries in the slice array--one with a from/to of 0/2, one
 with 4/8, and one with 12/inf.

Perl also has:

    @foo[0..12 :by(3)]    # 0,3,6,9,12

PDL has affine slices.

Yeah, but at some point you have to draw the line and say "This is as far as we're going at the low level."

Iterators have the advantage over arrays since they can be infinite.
With arrays, how do you represent:

@foo[12... :by(3)]

And that is probably well past it. :)

Do we still have multidimensional keys?