Austin Hastings skribis 2004-06-24 14:29 (-0700):
> >   $foo as boolean
> "This is Perl 6.  Everything is an object, or at least pretends to
> be one. Everything has a .boolean method that returns 0 or 1."

If I understand the current design correctly, having both .boolean and
casting via "as" would mean that "$foo.boolean" and "$foo as Bool" and
"$foo as Bit" mean the same in boolean context, but the first literally
is 1 or 0, the second is true or false and the third is 1 or 0 again.
But all this only by default, because every one of these three can be
overriden.

And actually, I don't think I understand it correctly. It's been a while
since I had a feeling of understanding Perl 6 :)

Is this complexity really needed?

Juerd