JOSEPH RYAN writes:
> [...]

Yes, it is.  Whether or not a PMC is in the core, it should be equally
fast.  That is, unless Parrot is allowed intimate knowledge of the PMC's
internals.  And there are very few (any?) PMCs that possess this
property even now.

Even more philosophical is "what is core?"  I get the impression that
Larry is trying to blur the distinction between core and non-core as
much as possible.  So making it "go in the core" may just mean that it's
on the list of recommended modules to install.

Luke