At 12:45 PM +0200 8/7/04, Leopold Toetsch wrote:
Sean O'Rourke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Leopold Toetsch) writes:
 The interference_graph size is n_symbols * n_symbols *
 sizeof(a_pointer). This might already be too much.

 2) There is a note in the source code that the interference graph could
 be done without the N x N graph array. Any hints welcome (Angel Faus!).

 It looks like the way things are used in the code, you can use an
 adjacency list instead of the current adjacency matrix for the graph.

Yeah. Or a bitmap. Or still better, create the interference graph per basic block. Should be much smaller then.

I'm not 100% sure since I've not thrown in a counter yet, but I think that it's ultimately not a size problem, rather a case of code that can't *ever* be properly colored with the algorithm and implementation we have. (Not that reducing the size is a bad thing, though -- I'm all for that)
--
Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk