Dan Sugalski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The code, when I try with -v, gives:

>   debug = 0x0
>   Reading forms/order.imc
>   using optimization '0' (0)
>   Starting parse...
>   warning:imcc:build_reglist: probably too small HASH_SIZE (29451 symbols)
>   error:imcc:make_life_range: Out of mem calloc-ing 12 bytes

> And then dies.

Ok. Too many symbols still. I've now enabled again ALLOCATE_HACK (which
should get renamed, if it works :)
Before the life analysis is started, 3 registers of one kind get
allocated in one pass, if they are in one basic block only and don't
overlap. This should color a lot of the temps immediately. These already
colored temps are then not considered in further computations.

You can verify this step by running -v:

build_reglist: 36 symbols
allocate_non_interfering, now: 12 symbols

This is from a program that does arithmetics with the typical chain of
intermediate temps.

leo