On Tue, 7 Sep 2004, Leopold Toetsch wrote:

> Andy Dougherty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Sun, 5 Sep 2004, Clayton O'Neill wrote:
>
> >> This adds support for setting triggers on specific config variables.
>
> > I'd be inclined to call that particular routine solaris_gccversion_cb,
>
> Should the patch go in?

Hmm.  Tricky.  Probably.

I'm unable to actually test it -- I can't get icu to build with my trusty
gcc-2.8.1 installation.  I tried a new gcc-3.4.1 installation, but that
won't even compile a simple c++ program for reasons I haven't discovered
yet.  Meanwhile, with Sun's cc, the compilation currently fails in
imcc/imclexer.c with
    "imcc/imcc.l", line 852:
    warning: improper pointer/integer combination: arg #2
which I haven't had time to investigate yet either.

At the same time I can't get to the tinderbox to check out if any other
systems are working (probably local network problems here).

Still, it's probably a good step forward.  We might eventually decide we
need pre- and post- triggers or other enhancements, but this is probably a
good basis to start with.

--
    Andy Dougherty              [EMAIL PROTECTED]