Smylers wrote:
> (But personally I'm quite happy with zero-based arrays, so as long as
> -1 continues to work for those I'm not too bothered what happens with
> other cases.)

This is an interesting point: can the perl optimizer be made to treat
0-based contiguous lists in the same way that perl 5 arrays are handled
(including the streamlined code generation), while arrays with
"non-standard" shapes get more code-heavy-yet-robust capabilities?

While I'd like it if the ordinals scheme could be matched up one-to-one
with the "standard shape" scheme, I could live without this if other
factors prove to be more attractive.

=====
Jonathan "Dataweaver" Lang