--- Jonadab the Unsightly One <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I surely must be misunderstanding what you're saying...  the way I
> read that, you're suggesting that it will matter to Perl -- not only
> to the compiler but even to user code -- how the underlying hardware
> addresses its memory.  I really hope that's not the case.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding things, but I thought that Perl6 should be able to
*optionally* allow
such things if platform specific fine-grained code tuning is necessary.  Most of the
time it
shouldn't be, but if it's required that .01% of the time why force someone to reach
for another
language, regardless of how easy the languages are to integrate?

Cheers,
Ovid

=====
Silence is Evil            http://users.easystreet.com/ovid/philosophy/indexdecency.htm