At 1:35 PM +0200 10/8/04, Leopold Toetsch wrote:
Andy Dougherty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 The biggest problem with the message is that it never tells you exactly
 *which* file was not found.

Is the error message now more informative?

 In the runtime/parrot/library/ directory, the string
 'libncurses' appears in three different files:

     ncurses.declarations:libncurses.so
     ncurses.imc:loadlib $P1, 'libncurses'
     ncurses.pasm:loadlib P1, 'libncurses'

 Changing it in one has no obvious affect on the others.  I can't find any
 documentation about the .declarations file at all, nor how (or whether)
 the .imc and/or .pasm files are generated from the .declarations file.

Dan?

The pasm file is old and can go. The declarations file was used to generate the pasm by one of the utilities, and it was then turned into the imc file.

We should probably fix things up so the imc file is generated by the declarations file automatically.
--
Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk