Kevin Scaldeferri wrote:

> On Oct 2, 2004, at 12:36 PM, Geoffrey Young wrote:
>

>> we use Apache-Test, which starts the server, runs the tests, and shuts
>> down
>> the server again.
>

> When I last talked with you about Apache-Test, I seem to recall that you
> said that it was restricted to running the tests serially.  Is this
> still true?  I supposed that while gathering coverage, and in single
> process mode, it doesn't matter, but if I can't parallelize my test
> requests on a typical run, it would be unacceptably slow and probably
> keep people from actually running the tests.

well, it runs them the same way that Test::Harness would - one *.t file at a
time, which acts as the client.  since Devel::Cover requires single process
mode I don't think there would be a way around this anyway.

fwiw, while running the _complete_ test suite takes a very long time under
Devel::Cover, I don't find single test files (or smallish groups of files,
say 20 or so, with 150 tests in total) to be all that bad.

--Geoff