<delurk>
Just a casual question here--how does the concept of shared namespaces relate to getting and using a bless()ed object in perl from a different language? Is this something that is dealt with at the Parrot level, or it it merely an attribute associated with a scalar that some PMC takes care of?

So say I want to the P6 DBI (assuming there needs to be a specific version), so I try to do something like this in Python (it's been a while, so Guido, don't shoot me! :D):

dbi=import perl6.DBI;

c=dbi.connect(...) etc etc

Now, C<c> is (presumably) a Perl scalar PMC. Is it also a namespace, in that there are a set of methods which can be called on this object? What are the considerations when dealing with something like perl's blessed references, which arguably have more than just a value associated with them?

Feel free to tell me "we don't care about this now; that comes later", "this is Larry's problem", or just "STFU: RTFM" -- I'm just trying to gain a more complete understanding.

Regards,

David

</delurk>
-----