[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

On Nov 8, 2004, at 11:15 AM, Matt Fowles wrote:

Dan~

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 13:45:08 -0500, Dan Sugalski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The calling conventions and code surrounding them will *not* change
now. When all the sub stuff, and the things that depend on it, are
fully specified and implemented... *then* we can consider changes.
Until then, things stand the way they are.

I missunderstood.  I though you were saying that what is currently in
is final and will *never* be changed.  Thanks for the clarification.

Nevertheless, this is a legitimate topic for discussion, and the issues are fresh in people's minds. That's independent of any impediments that might block implementing changes at the current time.

I think it'd be a good idea to at least agree on a good TODO list, and commit that to the bugtracker. Because it may turn out that some changes are fine to delay, while some must be implemented now or never (because, for example, a large ammount of compiler code will get broken because of them).

Miro