Leopold Toetsch wrote:

I've added a few ops and methods:

* pow MMD function and opcodes
* hash vtable and opcode

Both aren't yet implemented in classes/*

The "new_extended" opcode and vtable got renamed to the more appropriate "instantiate". classes/complex.pmc has an implementation of this method, the default is a fallback to pmc_new().

Excellent!

Question: what is the difference (conceptually) between "new" and "instantiate"? If they are different, these differences should be highlighted. If not, the opcode should be named the same in both cases.

Also, I would prefer not to have to deal with implicit registers. new_p_p would be the method signature I would prefer. The name of the vtable entry could remain instantiate.

- Sam Ruby