William Coleda wrote:

Can you give us a copy of the generated "myconfig" file in the top level parrot directory?

yep,

this is it:
=================================
Summary of my parrot 0.1.1 configuration:
configdate='Thu Dec 9 23:53:50 2004'
Platform:
osname=linux, archname=i486-linux
jitcapable=1, jitarchname=i386-linux,
jitosname=LINUX, jitcpuarch=i386
execcapable=1
perl=/usr/bin/perl5.8.4
Compiler:
cc='cc', ccflags=' -I/usr/local/include -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64',
Linker and Libraries:
ld='cc', ldflags=' -L/usr/local/lib',
cc_ldflags='',
libs='-lnsl -ldl -lm -lcrypt -lutil -lpthread -lrt -lgmp'
Dynamic Linking:
share_ext='.so', ld_share_flags='-shared -L/usr/local/lib -fPIC',
load_ext='.so', ld_load_flags='-shared -L/usr/local/lib -fPIC'
Types:
iv=long, intvalsize=4, intsize=4, opcode_t=long, opcode_t_size=4,
ptrsize=4, ptr_alignment=1 byteorder=1234,
nv=double, numvalsize=8, doublesize=8
=====================================

thanks,
kj

Klaas-Jan Stol wrote:

Hello,

I just got a fresh cvs checkout, compiled it, compiled pge and tried to make tcl.
This is what I get:

(cd ../../ && ./parrot --output=languages/tcl/lib/tcllib.pbc languages/tcl/lib/tcllib.imc)
Couldn't load 'tcl_group': tcl_group: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
error:imcc:Unknown PMC type 'TclString'

in file 'languages/tcl/lib/commands/upvar.imc' line 13
       included from 'languages/tcl/lib/tcllib.imc' line 1
make: *** [lib/tcllib.pbc] Error 17

Also:
- when doing "make test", all tests with dynamic pmc seem to fail.
- following instructions in dynoplibs and trying to execute the "test.pasm" in dynoplibs/ doesn't work either.

Couldn't load 'myops_ops': myops_ops: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Couldn't load 'foo': foo: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Couldn't load 'libnci': libnci: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
error:imcc:parse error, unexpected IDENTIFIER, expecting PARROT_OP
in file 'dynoplibs/test.pasm' line 43

Obviously, there is something wrong with dynamic libs.
I don't get what I'm doing wrong. This should all work right? Perljam (sorry, don't know his real name)
told me on IRC he did a fresh checkout, and it all worked.

Any ideas?
thanks,

klaas-jan