Here's all I have to say about tabs.

I expect the source to look the same no matter whose editor, pager, printer
or utility I run it through.  Literal tabs violate this.  The end.

Here's what I have to say about clever bracing/spacing styles.

Your bracing/spacing style should not be a detriment.  It should not
be a limitation.  If common editors have trouble dealing with it,
you've just limited your tool set.  If programmers outside your
project look at it and go "Huh?" you've just lost yourself a potential
patch as they recoil.  If its so different that looking at other common
bracing styles is now odious to you, that's a communication problem.
Part of easy communication is taking advantage of common idioms and
conventions.  Doesn't matter how clever it is, if its causing conflict with
outsiders, dump it.

--
Michael G Schwern        [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
Schwern Unit:  a positive but insignificant quantity