Sam Ruby wrote:

Leopold Toetsch wrote:
 +inline op get_repr(out STR, in PMC) {
 +    STRING *s = $2->vtable->get_repr(interpreter, $2);
 +    $1 = s;
      goto NEXT();
  }

Strange. Stranger. Strangest. Did the test fail with JIT/i386 only?

I didn't mean to commit the "inline" portion of the change... that didn't make a difference.

op or inline has no effect

I've never investigated how to select another "core"...

$ parrot --help

specifically -j -S -C -g

The symptoms I see are that get_repr returns the correct string, but the appropriate REG_STR does not get updated.

Then there is a problem elsewhere. You can inspect interpreter registers too:

gdb> p *interpreter->ctx.bp

or with the hints in docs/jit.pod or docs/debug.pod (after loading the stabs file) you can even:

gdb> p *S7       # print contents of Parrot REG_STR(7)

leo