Considering that "proper" and common usage, not to mention strictures, dictates a heavy insistence on 'my'. I will thus assume that creation of lexical variables with 'my' far out numbers the creation of package space globals. Should we not then have it where it's the default behavior, and creation of package ones take explicit declaration (via 'our')?

Well, at least when strictures are on. When they are off, the coder is obviously playing fast and loose, and should get the easy 'everything global' behavior.

What issues am I overlooking here?

-- Rod