On Tue, Dec 21, 2004 at 12:56:27PM -0500, Geoffrey Young wrote:
> > There's no "I want to add a new test to this test file that uses Test.pm and
> > it would be nice if I could use Test::Foo" case?
>
> I could see this being really good for Apache-Test, which is by default
> Test.pm driven.  the thing is that
>
>   - I've already ported A-T to use Test::More in place of Test.pm
>
>   - the native implementation uses Test.pm magic like
>
>         $Test::ntest = 1;

$Test::Legacy::ntest = 1 will DWYM.  $TESTERR and $TESTOUT work, too.  I
should probably emphisize this in the docs as folks are going to assume
it doesn't work.

Test::Builder->current_test(0) will also DWYM.

>         %Test::todo = ();

You're treading on thin ice using that from Test.pm.  Even Test.pm's own
tests don't use that.  However, it would be trivial to make Test::Legacy
support that as well.

But for all Test::Builder based modules you can get the same intent with
Test::Builder->reset.

--
Michael G Schwern     [EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
...and that, children, is how to clean and load a .38 revolver.  Questions?