While trying to install WWW::Mechanize today some of its tests failed:

Failed Test Stat Wstat Total Fail Failed List of Failed
t/live/follow.t 2 512 11 2 18.18% 6-7
t/live/follow_link.t 255 65280 7 6 85.71% 5-7
t/live/get.t 13 3328 26 13 50.00% 7 9 11 13 15-17 19-22 24-25

Looking at t/live/follow.t shows that it wants to follow a link using

   text_regex => qr/Business.Solutions/i

but currently there is no such link on Google.
At least when *I* try to access Google with a browser I don't see such a link.

I have not checked the rest of the errors but I guess they are also
due to changes in web sites.

This brings me to the question, or two:

Should any of the module installation processes access web sites ?
If yes, is that OK to that without asking the user first ?
Should it be a public site such as Google that can change and cause the
tests fail or should it be a private site or at least a more static one.
(E.g www.cpan.org ?)

I know you are not sending over data, but still.

Gabor