[ cc'ed p6l ]

Matt Fowles wrote:
Leo~

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 10:02:26 +0100, Leopold Toetsch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

But where does that PerlMMD PMC come from? Does the Perl6 compiler
generate one somewhere?

It is generated by the compiler. During compilation all of the
different MMD functions will necessarily be parsed and compiled, when
the first MMD function is compiled the compiler wil add a MMD PMC to
the appropriate table. Each time a specialized version is compiled it
will be added to the already created MMD PMC.

Interesting. Where is this information coming from? Where can I read more about that?

Finding the correct MMD function is always the same algorithm. Having
that functionality in one place (the metaclass) is cleaner IMHO.

No. It is not always the same algorithm. Perl 6 uses manhattan
distance.

Yes. I meant inside one class (HLL) system.

Matt

leo