"Ron Blaschke" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Leopold Toetsch wrote:
Sriram Krishnan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm trying to build Parrot (from CVS) on Win XP Sp2 with VS.-NET 2003.
Please folks with Windows installed: have a look at these issues.

I'm running Windows XP, VS.NET 2003 and (precompiled) ICU 3.0, and can confirm the offending "nci_dlvar_vv" and the failed tests.

Failed Test            Stat Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of Failed
t\dynclass\pybuiltin.t    5  1280     6    5  83.33%  1-2 4-6
t\dynclass\pyclass.t      6  1536     6    6 100.00%  1-6
t\dynclass\pycomplex.t    1   256     1    1 100.00%  1
t\dynclass\pyfunc.t       4  1024     4    4 100.00%  1-4
t\dynclass\pyint.t       25  6400    25   25 100.00%  1-25
t\pmc\nci.t               5  1280    56    5   8.93%  3 8 46 51-52
7 tests and 64 subtests skipped.

Most, if not all, tests fail b/c of "Illegal PMC enum (0) in new".

Pretty much all of the dynclasses tests fail with that error, yes. I was working on this a while back. The first step of the work was to just get dynclasses to build on Win32. The second is getting them to call back into the Parrot interpreter so things work as they should. I got the first bit done then the RSI monster came and ate my hands, so I've had to stop working on fun stuff for a while. :-( So the second remains undone.

I think you need to build a .def file for the main Parrot executable that has all the names of functions that can be used from dynclasses in it, then give it to the linker when you link parrot.exe. Then, linking the dynclasses with the correct options, whatever they are, should give the desired effect. No promises it will work - somebody may know better - but it was what I was going to try next.

Jonathan