Stevan Little wrote:

I sent Schwern a patch to change 'names' to 'description', but then Andy brought up the idea of 'labels'. At the time, Schwern said it was 'in the pipeline', but I expect its actually been moved out since.

Personally, I view them as 'descriptions' since thats what I usually write. But 'labels' makes sense too, if you use them that way. However, 'name' just never made since to me though, and initially was a source of confusion when I first read Test::Tutorial and co.

Personally, I think the term 'comment' is most appropriate.

Test 'names' or 'labels' seem analagous to IDs, leading me to think that
every test has a unique name or label, such as "graph_region_38."

The term 'description' seems to imply a long explanation, such as "This
test makes sure that the graph can correctly identify the number of
tiles that make up a region."

'comment', however, seems just right -- it implies a short, optional
description.

--
Ian Langworth
Project Guerrilla