Rod Adams wrote:

However, what if what you're calling a non-Perl Parrot based function? Do we disable junctions from playing with non-PurePerl functions? Or do we autothread over them? How do we tell if a non-Perl function outputs to determine if we should be able to autothread into them or not?

The non-outputting happens at the output operation, which is *always* in Parrot (at some level) and presumably is dealt with there.

Out of curiosity, was the "Junctions can't be outputted" error documented somewhere prior to now?

We've certainly mentioned it before on this list:

        http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl6.language/13400

Damian