On 2005-02-20, Steffen Schwigon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> General testing question:
>
> Is it ok for a CPAN module to use other modules from CPAN only for the
> test scripts (e.g. "Text::Diff")?
>
> First, I'm not sure about the usage policy. Maybe it's more common to
> write tests more "low level".
>
> Second, I know there is a "build_requires" option in Build.PL, but
> does the CPAN(PLUS).pm know about that option and really only download
> and use those "build_requires" temporarily during module build/test or
> does it fully install them?

Steffen,

If you are considered about the extra module requirement for your users,
one option is to distribute the testing modules you want in your own
distribution, in a private 'inc' directory that doesn't get installed.

Personally, I would probably just the list the module as a dependency,
because that's easy for me.

    Mark

--
http://mark.stosberg.com/