After some distractions I got back to this today.

After doing the merge and resolving all the conflicts (of which there really
weren't that many), I get it to build, and then get a:

0x0002c3b0 in string_index (interpreter=0xd001a0, s=0x3002fd8, idx=0) at
src/string.c:747
747         return (INTVAL)CHARSET_GET_CODEPOINT(interpreter, s, idx);

Even with an invocation of "./parrot" (no args).

I'll keep poking at it. Looks like a bootstrapping problem on string
initialization.

Leopold Toetsch wrote:

Will Coleda wrote:
..., I can now think about

integrating Dan's string branch into main. I should be able to get this done over the weekend.

How does it look like?

leo