Luke Palmer wrote:

Now we just need to determine if 'my' can leave its post as a unary declarator.

Don't see why not... If you ever need it unary, you can just put the () back in.

The question becomes which is more common:
Scoping a single variable in a list context, or scoping several variables at once. Likely the later.

This also reminds me of the thought someone had a while back about making = not copy in list context, making people use ==>/<== for all list assignments. It would certainly take care of the :

problem that will have people scratching their heads. (assuming that doesn't trigger a warning/error). Overall, I like the protection it provides, but dislike the extra three keystrokes it means for something I use so often.

-- Rod Adams