What is the current status of the development of the Parrot and the Perl 6 compiler written in Perl? I hope that producing a Perl 6 compiler written in Perl 6 and the Parrot VM is still a high priority and is being actively developed as the premier compiler and VM for the Perl 6 language. A Perl 6 compiler written in Perl 6 I believe is an extremely useful and essential component since it will allow Perl programmers to participate and assist in the development of the Perl 6 compiler. Also where is the CVS/SVn repisitory for Perl6 compiler kept these days?

Also, what is the status of Ponie and providing complete interoperability between Perl 5 language and documented XS support and Parrot and Perl 6? I believe that assuring that all Perl 5 language code and all XS code that follows the documented interfaces can be called from Perl 6 and vice versa is extremely important and should be taken seriously. There is a very large body of Perl 5 code and modules and it should remain possible to continue to use them all from Perl 6, and for Perl 5/Ponie to be able to use all Perl 6 modules, so both Perl 5 and Perl 6 can leverage a shared base of modules and leverage the momentum of each others module base and so programs can be written in a hybrid of both Perl 5 and Perl 6 modules. Hopefully it is obvious that the large and rich library of Perl 5 modules needs to be retained and reused on Perl 6, since it would be impractical and innefficient to rewrite them all in Perl 6, and also that Perl 5 programs need to be able to benefit from new Perl 6 modules.

Thank you for you attention to this letter, and keep up the great work.