According to Leo Toetsch:
> Chip Salzenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On the one hand, IMCC doesn't really help you _run_ code, so I'm not
> > inclined to see it part of libparrot.  On the other hand, I haven't
> > grokked the entire code base organization, so I could be Greatly
> > Missing The Point.
>
> Inside imcc/main.c is Parrot's main() entry. As soon as you load a
> sourcecode file with C<load_bytecode>, the assemblers inside imcc are
> needed to translate the source to PBC.

OK, no point in dividing that.  It's been suggested to create a
libparrotvm at some point, with PBC support but no imcc/pir/ast(?);
but given our target languages, I don't see that it would get much
usage...?
--
Chip Salzenberg            - a.k.a. -            <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
         Open Source is not an excuse to write fun code