According to Leo Toetsch:
> Chip Salzenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >   + $(RM_F) $(IMCC_DIR)/imcparser.c
> >   + $(RM_F) $(IMCC_DIR)/imclexer.c
>
> This isn't quite right, it works only if you have bison/flex and you
> did Configure.pl --maintainer
>
> If you don't change the files and just make, you end up with empty files
> and a broken build: see #34675.

Ah, I missed that in non-maintainer mode the rules stay but the
definitions of LEX and YACC change.  "Sorry about that, Chief."

> I think we need
>   $ perl Configure.pl --build-dir=foo
> and create/modify all that's needed in that directory.

That would be a good thing, but I hope to finess proper support for
read-only source files without having to use a separate build
directory.
--
Chip Salzenberg            - a.k.a. -            <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
         Open Source is not an excuse to write fun code