> [leo - Mo 14. Feb 2005, 02:59:47]:
>
> Markus Amslser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Now it's getting funny. I have written a tiny webserver in imc, that can
> > serve the parrot html documentation.
>
> Great, thanks. Some remarks:
> - served line endings should by "\r\n": lynx doesn't work with "\n" only
This has already been fixed
> - reading html files should used the C<stat> opcode to determine the
>   file size
TODO

> While at socket IO:
>
> - all the current socket opcodes should be available as ParrotIO methods,
>     e.g.
>
>     METHOD PMC* socket(...) {...}
>     METHOD INTVAL bind(STRING *address) {...}
>
>   so that:
>
>     pio = getclass "ParrotIO"
>     sock = pio."socket"(.PIO_SOCK_FAM_PF_INET, \
>       .PIO_SOCK_TYPE_SOCK_STREAM, \
>       .PIO_SOCK_PROTO_IP)
>
>     res = sock."bind"(address)
>
>   works.
TODO

> - patches welcome to allow constants for the C<socket> opcode's "magic
>   numbers". See: config/gen/parrot_include.pl and the &gen_from_*
>   directives.
>   The enums should be attached to the C<socket> method.
TODO

Propably due to recent charset changes, I found that httpd.imc was no
longer working under Linux. The op 'recv' seems to return a 'binary'
string. However for 'binary' the 'index' op is not implemented, thus
httpd.imc can't check for "\r\n\r\n".

I don't know how to transcode a 'binary' to 'ascii'. Therefore
I made a dirty hack, telling PIO_unix_recv to return an 'ascii' string.

--
/* [EMAIL PROTECTED] */