Hi All,

I've released TestSimple 0.03, the port of Test::Simple/::More/::Builder to JavaScript. You can find the details here:

http://www.justatheory.com/computers/programming/javascript/ test_simple-0.03.html

The most significant change in this version is the addition of control over where output is sent. Where Test::Builder uses file handles, since JS has no I/O, I'm using function references, instead. By default, output goes to document.write, but you can send it to any function reference.

So for my next trick, a harness! I have to give some thought for how to combine a bunch of JS tests into one output. Maybe a JS script that spawns hidden frames and runs the tests in them, then collects the output from them (directly from details(), actually). But I'd welcome other ideas and suggestions.

Once I have that problem solved, I'll probably stop sending announcements here, as it'll be more about JavaScript-QA, and I'll try to find or found another venue.

Cheers,

David