Thanks for your comments - I was afraid I'd get flamed for suggesting something wasn't perfect about Perl :-)

On May 6, 2005, at 9:31 AM, Fagyal Csongor wrote:

IMHO subversioning does not have too much to do with the language itself. Subversioning operates on files. An IDE might integrate some interface for this task, but that is a different question.

You are right - it's not a language issue, sorry I left that in.

Have you considered using the "DONATE" button on http://e-p-i-c.sourceforge.net/ ? :)))

Yes :-) I've donated :-)
I contributed some changes to Devel::Refactor (added rename_subroutine and a test suite) and now I have loaded the Java source for the EPIC editor into Eclipse and started looking at how to add support for 'rename_subroutine' - but my Java skills are less than minimal :-)