Kevin Scaldeferri wrote:
I'm looking at a bit of output from Devel::Cover that I imagine has to be a bug. I'll try my best to reproduce the HTML output:

stmt       branch   cond       sub      time             code

221862 100 100 _____ 1613639 next if ($line =~ /^\s*[#!]/ || $line =~ /^\s*$/);
0                                      0
0                                      0
0                                      0

That "_____" is actually a thin red line (but no text). If it helps, here's a slightly modified version of the html:

I started to write a reply last night, but got sidetracked. But Paul anticipated my suggestion: call 'cover --report=text'. That way, it's the data speaking to you, not the HTML.

I've been using Devel::Cover a lot in the past year, both for my own projects and modules and for the Phalanx project. I've never seen the "thin red line (but no text)" you describe ...

[snip]

If you look at the subroutine coverage page, it claims that there is a BEGIN block uncovered at that line.

... nor have I seen an uncovered BEGIN block. But that may just be a side effect of the sort of things I've been doing coverage analysis on.

I gather that this is your own module that you're testing -- as distinct from a CPAN module. And, lacking the code and tests, we won't be able to reproduce the problem.

So here's my sole bright idea: Split that line of code into two, thereby eliminating the 'and' condition. See if the problem continues to crop up in that circumstance.

HTH

jimk