On Sat, Jun 18, 2005 at 08:18:17AM +1000, Damian Conway wrote:
> The point being that methods no longer topicalize their invocant.

To update the design docs, A06 currently says:

    Methods, submethods, macros, rules, and pointy subs all
    bind their first argument to C<$_>; ordinary subs declare a lexical
    C<$_> but leave it undefined.

So, methods and submethods no longer bind their
first argument to C<$_>?  Then do we need this statement at all?
(I'm suspecting that rules won't need it, leaving just macros and
pointy subs.)

There are other places in A06 that discuss methods, submethods, and
multimethods binding their first arguments to $_ -- I'll see about
putting [Update:...] notes in there for each of those.

I'll also come up with some patches to S12 for the ./ syntax.

Pm