From: "Nathan Gray"

| A good starting place is:
|
|  http://svn.openfoundry.org/pugs/docs/other/porting_howto

Looks good ,thanks.

For those of you that have been here a while I suspect you do not notice,
but to me there seems to be no structure, no definitive place where one can
go and find everything needed from a Central location. www.perl6.com would
have been an excellent place to house a central repository of information,
howtos, downloads, modules , samples etc etc, but unfortunatly seems to have
been nabbed by a cybersquatter (http://www.strangelogic.com/) unless one of
you lot of this site ? . Perl6.net/Perl6.org contain web versions of this
list. http://search.cpan.org/modlist/Perl6 is empty, there are Perl6 Modules
out there so why are they not in here, are all the v6 modules included in
Pugs? - Can Perl6 modules now be submitted to CPAN?

http://dev.perl.org/perl6/ would seem to be 'the' first port of call for
information would that be fair to say. From there , there are links to Pugs
and Parrot. For those that needed Perl 5, they downloaded Perl 5, if they
needed specific Modules they downloaded them. With Perl 6 in its current
form, new users can easily be confused, they still use Perl 5, then Parrot ,
then Pugs. What is the intention here, will all three be bundled together
and just called 'Perl 6' or will users still have to go to three different
sites to get a complete package?

|  (I wrote earlier :-)
| > I have downloaded PXPerl for Windows (which seems a bit broken to me
atm)

I haven't really tried to test this yet, but hundreds of error messages flew
past on install, has
anyone else used this?

| perl6-compiler is probably the best list for these kinds of questions,
| at the moment, so you're in the right place.

Good to know ,thanks.

| > You are all doing a great job, and I want to do my bit to get Perl 6
| > working - if I can.
|
| Awesome.

Once I get my head around it that is. I have a couple of Modules in mind
that do
not seem to exist as Perl5 modules so hope I can fulfill both needs. What is
happen with the current list of Perl 5 Modules, are these to stay as they
are with
Perl 6 being able to read them ok, or is it preferred that they too be
converted.
Is there a Perl5 to Perl6 Module converter in the making ?

| > I guess I should us a linux box to keep up to date, best version to go
for ?

| Not really necessary, we've got quite a few architectures represented.
| Linux is only one.

Not neccessary for the Perl6 project probably, but in my best interests
would it
be better to have a linux flavour so I can keep using upto date versions of
Pugs/Parrot etc
or is there somebody here doing a good job of quick turnarounds in compling
Binary
distributions so windows users arent always a month behind.

Does someone here have a x86 version of Solaris 10 for example to test with,
if not
I could probably use that if it is supported.

Thanks

Gav...