> So the question is: is that file installed properly to your --prefix
> directory structure?
> Maybe you are querying the wrong parrot too (the config paths and
> settings gets compiled into the executable of parrot)?
It is installed properly and I am not querying  but the pugs config is doing
it (correctly). First it does a chdir and then uses ./parrot (...). So I
think this is correct.

> I'm pretty sure that there are a lot of "make install" issues - mostly
> missing files I presume. The install target is really experimental for
> now: more just present to check strategies, how it should be done, then
> really useful.
I know but it would be nice to have it working soon. I am trying to keep up
with the current development to include parrot/pugs and mod_parrot in the
Gentoo CVS tree so people can test it and we can find errors.

> We'll have a closer look after the release.
That is up to you :-).

Adrian