If you get hit by a truck and someone updates Test::Moose to take
care of a bug, who will update your bundled version?

Simple. Because I don't bundle it by hand, Module::Install does it. Bundling things by hand would be WAY too much work.

The next time someone else rolls the build, it automagically grabs the newest latest version they have without any need for effort at all.

If you don't get hit by a truck but simply don't realize that
Test::Moose was updated?

If the tests pass still, does it matter?

If you do realize, but it takes you 3 days to update once mainline
was fixed, and it takes mainline 3 days to update once Joe Random's
patch was submitted, why should new users from these 3 days get a
buggy, outdated version when a better one is updated?

Because it was obviously good enough _already_ to allow the testing to proceed successfully. And if it was a problem, well I would have updated my dependency on that testing version to the current one, and when I reroll the dist if fails, wanting the newer version.

This isn't some permanent module. The user is ONLY going to need it for the half a second my module is being tested. They can go without some minor fix for some bizarre edge case or your latest feature addition just fine.

Adam K