> [EMAIL PROTECTED] - Sun Aug 22 17:19:34 2004]:
>
> All~
>
> This patch is an early step in getting a scons based build system for
> parrot.  Currently, it leaves the make system in place, the goal being
> to add a SCons system alongside the make system until the scons one is
> entirely ready.
>
> This patch allows scons to build foo.c and foo.dump files from
> foo.pmc.  It will automatically detect dependencies between various
> PMC's and rebuild them as appropriate.
>
> Obviously this requires SCons to be installed on the system (and SCons
> requires Python).  But since parrot can be built without it, I figured
> that this was a non-issue.
>
> If any one has a burning itch to implement other parts of this system,
> feel free to email me so we can collaborate.
>
> Have fun,
> Matt

Matt,

There has been alot of discussion about build systems on #parrot
recently so I'm CCing p6i.

Is SCons really an option for Parrot?  I don't really know much about it
but since it's implimented in Python, and Python hasn't been ported to
all the platforms we hope to run on, wouldn't it introduce a serious
portability issue?

-J