Luke Palmer skribis 2005-10-20 10:07 (-0600):
> You seem to be forgetting that we do have the longest token rule.  So,
> the only way this destroys a dream (and likewise, the only way c|
> doesn't work), is if you have the poor package or class name c and you
> insist on writing c|d or c!d without spaces.

I'd like to be able to use these without whitespace, and I expect it to
be commonly written without whitespace for simple cases, because 1|2|3
isn't any less clear than 1 | 2 | 3, while it's a lot easier to type.

> Still, if you'd like to make a suggestion instead of just telling us
> why our ideas don't work in very specific circumstances, feel free.

I've already suggested two. Is that not enough?

    (a) ^
    (b) 1c

Juerd