In p6rules, how should specify characters (glyphs, bytes, whatever)
using octal notation?

Currently S02 says that integer constants in octal are written with
as "0o" prefix (as in 0o123), just as we would use the "0x" prefix
to specify integers using base-16.

It doesn't seem to be written anywhere, but I think it's assumed
that in string literals one would use "\o123", just as we use
"\x0a".

Should rules work the same -- i.e., use "\o123" to specify a
character (glyph, byte, whatever) using octal notation?

And are we officially eliminating the \nnn notation from rules
and string literals?  This seems to be implied by Larry's post at
http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl6.language/19385 , but
several items in that thread seem to have been dropped without
a final resolution, or at least haven't made it into a design
document.

It's worth noting that both S05 and A05 make use of the traditional
\nnn notation in descriptions, and we probably need to update these
to bring them in line with whatever decision is made.

Pm