Doesn't makemaker only like you if you have a single .pm file just in the root directory?

And otherwise you have to have your lib files actually under lib?

lib/Tree/Splay.pm
lib/Tree/Splay/Node.pm
lib/Tree/Splay/IntRange.pm
t/01_basics.t
t/02_compat.t
Makefile.PL
MANIFEST

-----------------

use ExtUtils::MakeMaker;

WriteMakefile(
              NAME            => 'Tree::Splay',
              VERSION_FROM    => 'lib/Tree/Splay.pm'
              );

Try that...

Adam K

Rob Bloodgood wrote:
I've had this problem for awhile with a distribution I've been working
on where sometimes, after invoking Makefile.PL, typing 'make' creates a
blib folder with all of the .exists files in the right places, but
doesn't copy the actual module files to it.

This was driving me crazy.  I don't have a solution.  In desperation I
removed everything from the folder that wasn't bundled with 'make
tardist', cleaned it, and ran Makefile.PL again... and no love.  but
then suddenly thru nothing I could figure out, it started working again.

Does this sound like a pretty half-assed problem?  I thought so too.  I
figured it's my fault, don't bug other people for my mistakes.

Well, last week I went to go write a little experimental module for
myself, Tree::Splay (Hi Schwern!).  I created

Tree/Splay.pm
Tree/Splay/Node.pm
Tree/Splay/IntRange.pm
t/01_basics.t
t/02_compat.t
Makefile.PL
MANIFEST

Makefile.PL contains:
===bof===
use ExtUtils::MakeMaker;

WriteMakefile(
              NAME            => 'Tree::Splay',
              VERSION_FROM    => 'Tree/Splay.pm'
             );
===eof===

and when I run Makefile.PL and then make, I get the same damn thing:
blib gets created with .exists files, and pm_to_blib is touched, but
*nothing* else happens.

So I thought to myself, maybe it doesn't like its environment.  So I
removed *EVERY* *SINGLE* file and subdirectory from the subdir where I
was working except what I named above and the *~ backup files that emacs
creates.

Still no luck.  I type make, I get pm_to_blib and blib/* skeleton but my
files don't get copied into blib.

Since I don't think I'm stupid, but I'm willing to admit ignorance:
WTF??? What did I miss here??

TIA!

L8r,
Rob