On Mon, Nov 21, 2005 at 10:45:56AM -0800, Larry Wall wrote:
: Another issue in "if" optimization is whether the blocks in fact do
: anything blockish that have to be scoped to the block.  This is a
: determination that Perl 5 makes when it's compiling blocks.  It's
: basically an attribute that migrates up the tree from the leaves, which
: are mostly "true", but anyone in the block can falsify the attribute
: for the block as a whole.

Actually, I said that backwards.  It starts out false and gets truified
if anyone says "Yes, we gotta have a block around us."

Larry