But in Perl 5 to "navigate" complex structures one needs ad-hoc solutions. I wonder if something is planned in Perl 6 as a means to do that through a syntactically convenient construct with ad-hoc-isms pluggable in in the form of suitable hooks (e.g. .on_node( { code; ... } ), etc.) that would work in most cases.

I've got some Perl 5 code that tries to do this:

http://search.cpan.org/~bowmanbs/Data-Rmap-0.61/lib/Data/Rmap.pm

Simple things are fine but path or relationship based transformations
turn into a mess.

Brad

--
There are times when a person gets carried away and talks on without
thinking too much. But this can be seen by observers when one's mind is