Hi Chris,

I am still confus.

For example,

On my Linux box, I have a module "/tmp/experiment/lib/module_to_test.pm" to be
tested, and I have two Perl unit test scripts "/tmp/experiment/tests/test1.pl"
and '"/tmp/experiment/tests/test2.pl" to load the module_to_test.pm module and
execute the subroutines in it. Then, what are exact "perl -MDevel::Cover"
commands I could use to get the module_to_test.pm module code coverage data
from running test1.pl and test2.pl unit test scripts? I am new in Perl,
appreciate your detail information.

Many thanks in advance,

Scott

Chris Dolan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: On Dec 25, 2005, at 3:46 PM, Scott Wang
wrote:

> I am new to use Devel::Cover.
>
> We have lots of product Perl modules in our product "lib" folder
> and we have lots of Perl test scripts to cover those modules, right
> now, we are trying to get the code coverage metrics for our tests
> on those modules. I find we might get help by using Devel::Cover,
> would you please give me some idea on how I should use the
> Devel::Cover to generate our tests coverage metrics on our Perl
> modules?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Scott

If you use Module::Build, then simply type "./Build testcover" and
then open cover_db/coverage.html in your browser.  If you are using a
version of M::B older than 0.27_02, you may wish to manually delete
the whole cover_db directory between runs.  Later M::B versions auto-
detect when cover_db files are out of date.

Chris
--
Chris Dolan, Software Developer, Clotho Advanced Media Inc.
608-294-7900, fax 294-7025, 1435 E Main St, Madison WI 53703

Clotho Advanced Media, Inc. - Creators of MediaLandscape Software
(http://www.media-landscape.com/) and partners in the revolutionary
Croquet project (http://www.opencroquet.org/)