(Andreas J. Koenig) wrote:
On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 22:22:20 +1100, Adam Kennedy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

  > 1.  Broken or corrupt packaging.
  >     A bad tarball, MANIFEST files missing.

Make sure you verify that all files in the distro are readable. Reject
if the permissions are bogus. Recently we had an increasig number of
distros that had absurd permissions.

That's a 1.

Also there is the rule that it must unpack into a single top level
directory and must not clobber the working directory.

That's a 2.

Besides that, we reject distros that contain a blib/ directory. This
seems arbitrary usually just catches a trivial error that might cause
grief later.

That one's more interesting... the packaging itself is ok, and technically it's a valid "perl5", "perl5.make" or "perl5.build" package, but it has failed something more like a compulsory consistency check...

So maybe 3. Package failed compulsory quality check

Adam K