Even better would be adding two more states so that you can
distinguish between prereq-failure, build-failure, test-failure and
ok.

Well actually I tried to sit down the other day and work out how many distinct types of success/failure events there might be, for use in PITA.

The number came out to something like 15 :)

Which I imagine means we end up with something like a HTTP numbering system.

And then for any given reporting system, depending on what you consider "good", "bad" or "otherwise" in that particular system, you fold the 15 result codes into your case-specific results.

Adam K