On Fri, Mar 10, 2006 at 01:06:10PM +0100, Leopold Toetsch wrote:
> ('::' is the namespace delimiter according to pdd21 and not to be taken
> literally)

Indeed so; but the Perl and C++ usage is so ingrained that people are still
instinctively trying to use it.  So, it's time for a bigger hammer.

First, I'm modifying pdd21 to remove all occurrences of "::".

Second: Leo, in your copious free time (:-)) could you please tell me
whether it's feasible to add a hack to the PIR compiler so that compiling
namespace ops, with a literal string parameter containing "::" will throw a
warning?  I don't want a runtime warning, but a compile-time warning will
avoid trouble.  (It's possible that by 1.0 we'll be able to kill the
warning, but I doubt it.)
--
Chip Salzenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>